Excess glucose in the blood for too long can cause diabetes problems. This blood glucose, also called blood sugar can damage parts of the body such as the heart, blood vessels, eyes and kidneys. Heart and blood vessels can cause heart attacks and strokes. You can do much to prevent or delay diabetes problems.
Food for eyes healthy
- Follow the healthy eating plan that you and your doctor or dietitian.
- Exercise for 30 minutes most days. Ask your doctor what activities are best for you.
- Take your medicines as directed.
- Check your blood glucose every day.
- Each time you do, write the number on the registration form.
- Examine your feet daily for cuts, blisters, sores, swelling, redness or sore toenails.
- Brush and floss every day.
- Control your blood pressure and cholesterol.