If you have diabetes problems, follow these steps and Call your dentist notice problem.
* Control your blood glucose.
* Brush and floss every day.
* Visit your dentist regularly. Be sure to tell your dentist that you have diabetes.
* Tell your dentist if your dentures (false teeth) do not fit right, or if your gums are sore.
* Quit smoking. Smoking makes gum illness worse. Your physician or dentist can help you quit.
Take time to check your mouth regularly for any problems. Sometimes people notice that their gums bleed when they brush and floss. Others notice dryness, soreness, white patches, or a bad taste in the mouth. All of these are reasons to visit your dentist.