Smoking and diabetes are a dangerous combination. Smoking raises your risk for diabetes problems. If you quit smoking, you'll lower your risk for heart attack, stroke, nerve disease, and kidney disease. Your cholesterol and your blood pressure levels may improve. Your blood circulation will also improve.
Things that affect your blood glucose and circulation level
- eating more or less than usual
- forgetting to take your diabetes medicine
- exercising-write down what kind and for how long
- being sick or upset about something-being under stress
- going to a social event or other special event, or being on vacation